- The downside was not immediately apparent.
- It went underwater rapidly despite assurances it was unsinkable.
- Only a few wealthy people got out in time.
- The structure appeared iron-clad.
- Nobody really understood the risk.
- The disaster happened overnight London time.
- Nobody spent any time monitoring the risk.
- People spent a lot trying to lift it out of the water.
- People who actually made money were not in the original deal.
- Despite the disaster, people still went on other ships.
You jump, I also jump